Monday, September 05, 2011

Yard Sales

Dave and I went to the annual highway yard sale on Friday.

It was 106 degrees. I am pretty sure I nearly had heat stroke. I couldn't get enough water no matter how much I drank, I was soaked in sweat and had a headache. Oh the headache.

But it was nice to have some quiet time away from the children.

Apparently they have started advertising this sale on the radio here in town. It's a few hours drive away from us. I find it kind of funny that they advertise it here because that makes a lot of people think it is some sort of gold mine down there.

It isn't. It never has been.

I do pick up things, don't get me wrong, but it is certainly not an antiquers paradise. We buy a lot of stuff for the kids (which I don't really bother taking pictures of.)

And never mind that it takes 6 hours of hard core garage saling to get the things we do buy. LOL

So what else did I buy this year?
A pair of pink glass bowls. They don't look very pink here, it was dark outside. I am pretty sure these are fairly new because they are thick and not the least bit delicate.
A tiny pair of baby shoes for the kids to put on dolls.
An ironstone platter.
Most of a roll of dotty wallpaper. (I came home and found a similar roll in one of my most recent magazines. Nice!)

And a bunch of these old picnic trays, which are in the playhouse for the kids to use.

I'll be back with the rest tomorrow.

I am off to enjoy the weather today, which is barely 70 degrees. Just 3 short days after I felt like I was dying on the face of the sun.

Gotta love the weather in the 'lou.

3 comments:

  1. Same weather here. We have had the windows open for the last few days after the sun exploded. Glad you got a chance away for the kids and the duties. You really needed a break. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those trays and the polka-dot paper. It was hot here (but not 106!), and now it's so cold and rainy I wondered about lighting a fire just for the atmosphere...kinda like it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ironstone! Though I didn't get to yardsale on Saturday, I did make it to a neat flea market that afternoon that I'd never been to before--I'll be going back! I've enjoyed the weather--been able to go swimming all weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?