Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cowboy party

Well, three hours later and I still haven't finished this blog post. Oy.

Onto the cowboy party.


Cake table (complete with a wonderful vintage cowboy spread thanks to a certain anonymous blog reader).
Hay bales for sitting.
Horse shoe cakes 1 (I HATE baking, hate it, these were really a challenge for me)...
and 2.
My favorite vintage folding chairs.
A jail for jail tag.
A shooting range.
Pony rides. (I swear there is not a kid on earth who doesn't love this horse. And it's sturdy too, it was holding 3 and 4 of them at a time).
Panning for gold (we painted gravel gold).
The tatoo station.
Cowboy hats for everyone.
Needle (well, really sheriff badges) in a haystack.
Bean bag bean pot toss.
Roping.
And the photo station.

We also did pony express races (with hobby horses), a rattle snake stomp, and horseshoe tossing.

Well then. The baby never took her nap this morning (and she is COMPELTELY refusing bottles), I just burned the delicata squash (which was not so easy to prep and I am not happy about) and the boys have a boy scout function to get to.

Is it time for a vacation yet?

8 comments:

  1. Amazing party decor and activities. I'm totally impressed. Awesome job on Jack's special party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely magazine worthy. I am just in awe of all your little touches. What a wonderful gift for Jack. Yes you deserve a vacation...you get about five minutes...go! Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it was a ton of work, but it looks like it was amazing! I love all of the activities you had planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not proud of this, but I never once finished hosting a kid's birthday party without the urge to drink heavily. They are a lot of work! You did a great job, and I hope you get at least a little break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY COW!!! You're the COOL mom on the block!! Awesome party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sarah -- that looks like an AMAZING party! I love all the attention to detail -- I hope Jack had a grand time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your parties always look awesome! When can I come? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late on commenting, but I just wanted to say that I love all the games that you do! I wish I could copy all of them, but our parties are in the winter. Boo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?