Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hapde Burfday Baby

My Dearest Jack,
Today you are seven. Seven! How did that happen?
It seems like just yesterday when we were waiting for you (forever) in that hospital room.
And then you were my most precious little cherub baby.
And my rambunctious toddler.
And a living terror. (Sorry, but it's true. Three was not kind.)

And then suddenly a bright little boy!
And a preschooler.
And a kindergartner.
And now a grade schooler.

Gone are the days when I would use your birthday to mark your milestones. This year you could walk and that year you could add and so on.

We are suddenly entering the days when I am starting to think about the things you WON'T want to do anymore soon. How much longer will you want to trick or treat? Or have big themed birthday parties? Or believe in magic?

For now I am happy those days are not here yet.

I do want to stop and tell you that you are an AMAZING brother to Sammi. Your love for her is boundless, and it's the most wonderful thing I have ever seen. I love that you want to have "10,000" more babies. And I hope that you remember that joy in the years to come when she is into your stuff or in your way or is a "baby" that is hindering your own fun.

Since we are not really marking milestones anymore I thought we would start a yearly interview.

Your answers at age 7:

Favorites:

cereal - honey nut o's
vegetable - carrots
drink - sierra mist (a forbidden treat!)
toy - lincoln logs (a surprising answer)
TV Show - spongebob (you like this b/c I have tried to forbid it for so long)
game - angry birds rio
book - dr seuss (I suppose you are never too old or too advanced in reading to enjoy those)
restaurant - house of india (my favorite too!)
holiday - Christmas or bday
animal - cat

If you could change your name, what would you choose? Samantha

What do you love about each person in our family? mom is nice, dad is cool, Sam is funny

Where would you like to go on vacation this year? Florida (I wish we could make that dream come true, but not this year)

What are some of your wishes for this year? to get lots of money (no surprise there, and I am pretty sure when you are grown up you will have money to spare)

What do you want to be when you grow up? scientist or author (No matter what you choose you are a TOTALLY amazing kid. And everyone who meets you thinks so too. You never fail to amaze everyone with your smart little brain.)




So. Hapde Burfday Baby.

Mama loves you.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful birthday post to your sweet boy. Birthday blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get all choked up when I realize how much he has grown since those first few days and weeks of meeting him and you through your blog. I can't believe how grown up he is. Happy birthday indeed (and congratulations to you for surviving SEVEN years of parenthood - pretty amazing, eh?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those year by year photos, and the interview is a great idea! Happy birthday, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give Jack a happy birthday shout from me!
    p.s. It is my nieces 7th birthday today too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Big Boy Jack! I love that you would change your name to Samantha. The two of you look so much alike -- and just adorable. Seven is very cool -- I hope you have your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Jack! I love that your favorite restaurant is House of India. My husband will think he died and went to husband if our kid grows to love Indian food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally late, but Happy B-Day, Jack!!! I can't wait to see pics from the party!

    ~Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?