Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It never gets old

It never gets old, this quilt buying thing.
Spotting one lying there, waiting for me.
Inquiring about the price, wondering if I can afford it, if it's worth the asking price, if it suits my style.
Bringing it home, washing it up, hanging it on the line*.

Placing it on the quilt rack in the living room, enjoying it until the next one arrives.

*Later cursing self for hanging it on the line because it is now misshapen in a straight line! Will have to wash it again and lay it flat to dry.
**Apparently I never get tired of photographing the children with them either.

7 comments:

  1. Fortunately your friends never tire of seeing them or your lovely children! Love those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's gorgeous! What kind of prices do you get pay (on average) the quilts you buy? I have only ever seen outrageous prices for vintage quilts around here. I don't understand why estate sale people think they can sell a dirty, in need of repair, mothbally vintage quilt for the same price as the high-overhead antique stores sell their pristine, clean vintage quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really a great looking kid and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Barbara...for our sake don't grow tired. Box arrived and is beyond wonderful. Thanks again and again...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, is it just me or does it seem like forever since you've found a quilt?! I guess I got spoiled, because for a long while it seemed like every time I visited here, there was a new quilt. The junking/thrifting is just not what it used to be, is it? Beautiful quilt and handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness--I got my Halloween goodies in the mail yesterday!!! Wow! I LOVE them....one gorgeous thing after another! Your hats are fab!!!!

    Can't wait for Valentine's Day!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?