Monday, October 24, 2011

On the first day of Halloween

Wow. It is taking me a long time this year to get to the great pumpkin series.

On the first day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
One super duper fantastically cool old Halloween costume.
Incredible! (All handmade.)
One hanger and one doll blanket.
Four identical feedsacks all sewn together.
One Santa Claus hankie.
One sweet peach house...
that is part of a village.

Thank you Great Pumpkin. Even if I did have to go to the flea market IN THE DARK yesterday (which I never do*) to get them.

* I have a "relationship" with the flea market that is more than shopping. I know a lot of the vendors, they know the kids, etc. When one of them saw me there in the dark yesterday he exclaimed "WHAT THE HELL! Are you sleep walking?" LOL I decided since Sammi had me up at 5 am I might as well get moving. Despite being there in the dark I still did not buy a single ornament. I did, however, see them all in the cart of another woman. Bah humbug to that.

6 comments:

  1. I'm completely smitten with your Christmas village. Every year, I say I don't need any more Putz houses, but I'm addicted and want to bring them all home and give them makeovers. You did very good in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo, a Santa hankie.....I've never seen one of those! You did really great shopping in the dark. Next Sunday is the last flea market of the season here, and I'm really going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I hope that woman saw the Putz houses that you got (because they are great!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's how you find those great deals! So not that dedicated

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm...I am going to need that hankie. How stinking cute is that. I would take it over ornaments any day. Great finds....smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. and speaking of ornaments...What do you know about victorian wire wrapped ornaments? I came about 2 by accident.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?