Monday, October 31, 2011

On Halloween

On Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
One surprise sandwich for Jack's lunch box;
And one wonderful raven costume (after many hours of hot gluing feathers).
Jack likes flapping his wings and reports that the feathers are warm and cozy.
I like the eyes.
But his smile when he saw it on himself in the mirror? Priceless.

Samantha thinks all of this is a little bit nuts!

(We took the kids to a trunk or treat yesterday and while I love and adore cheeks, it bums me out that only one person, a teenager, even commented on Jack's costume because they were all fixated on cheeks. My big kid deserves attention too people!)

All that's left to do is trick or treat and gorge ourselves on Halloween candy.

Happy Halloween to you!

7 comments:

  1. Adorable costume! I am awed by moms who can make costumes. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jack's costume. As an American literature teacher and a huge Poe fan, I sooooo get it! Tell Jack it is absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jack's costume to pieces!! Great job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an amazing raven costume. Hot gluing feathers = awesome mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack's costume ROCKS! Wonderful job, Sarah. Happy Halloween to your sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The raven costume is amazing! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Raven costume. I brought my kiddos in to see it. Boo to you all...Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?