Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On the second day of Halloween

On the second day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
One beautiful baby in one large pumpkin.

Now, before everyone goes and thinks oh man! I can never get my kids to do stuff like this, there was some complaining on her part.
She did NOT want to smile because she really wanted to know what on god's green earth she was doing inside of this cold slimy pumpkin*.
But it was worth every minute of the crazy talking and encouraging I had to do.
I can't wait to see one of these in an 8 x 10 on the collage wall.
Also, when did she get so big?
I mean she is standing, independently in a giant pumpkin!
So thank you Great Pumpkin.

And pinterest, where I stole this idea from.

And my dad, who drove us ALL the way out in the country to a field and hiked around with 6 wild grandchildren while my SIL and I searched for the perfect big pumpkin to squeeze cheeks into.

*I had been watching the weather report waiting for the perfect day. It's 85 degrees today. I knew I had to jump on it NOW before the bottom drops out tomorrow. Also, I hollowed the pumpkin out a day in advance so it wouldn't be quite so slimy.

15 comments:

  1. SQUEAL! Could she be any cuter!!! I'm so wishing I had little one to squeeze into a pumpkin. Maybe I could put our new kitten (Luna) in a pumpkin.

    Halloween hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Makes me think I should have another kid just so I can put them in a pumpkin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh-she is just too adorable! Your pictures should remind you to smile during the bad times.
    Thanks so much for sharing-you brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud when I scrolled down to that last photo with her chubby baby legs poking out! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all adorable - but that last one - Oh MY! Too dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love...love...love it all the way down to that sweet beaded necklace and the darling standing cheeks. How did she grow so fast? Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last picture is the BEST!!! She is just the sweetest little thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last picture is the BEST!!! She is just the sweetest little thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love every single one of these, but the sad one is too funny (sorry, Sammi!) We still call my daughter Punkin from time to time, but she's about 16 years past the photo-in-a-pumpkin stage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OhMyGosh Sarah -- that is the cutest thing ever. I know I've seen it on pinterest, but STILL -- seeing the series of pictures is absolutely the best. She's SOOOO adorable -- thanks for the bright spot in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too, too cute! Makes me wish mine was still little so I could stuff her in a pumpkin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable..my favorite is the last one! Can't wait to see the Halloween costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PERFECTION!!! Make a collage of all those expressions! Everyone is so cute- even the frowny faces! Also, I say print out bunch, cut them out and hang them on your Halloween tree. Do the same thing with Jack the Owl pics!! OK how's that for bossy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Sammi. I want to squeeze those little thighs. and i don't blame you at all for the weird face - i wouldn't want to be in a slimy pumpkin either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute, but someday she's gonna collect for having her sit in that pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?