Sunday, October 30, 2011

On the seventh day of Halloween

On the seventh day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:

One very rushed, last minute trip to the pumpkin patch as I realized the sky was turning black with rain and I still did not have decent photos of the kids yet.
There were tractor rides;
Big tire swings;
Cute poses;
Two kids actually looking in the same direction on the first shot;
Two times in a row;
Fun in the straw (Sammi LOVES leaves and straw);
Big tractor rides;
And corn to play in.



And one successful early morning trip to the flea (with no kids), complete with:
A very sweet tablecloth (that darn closet is overflowing again already);
A few more hankies for the hankie quilt (which I am starting as soon as this Halloween stuff is done);
A very sweet clothespin bag;
A fun handmade pumpkin;
A pile of honeycomb pumpkins;
And a gaggle of skeletons.


Oh yea, and 300 lbs of pears. Well, not quite, but it's a lot. A grocery sack full for $2. I am going to make pearsauce instead of applesauce for the kids.


With any luck we might make a trunk or treat even this afternoon so the kids can show off their cute costumes in the daylight.


Back tomorrow with the finale - the costumes. :-)


4 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Gorgeous pics of the kiddos. I'm totally loving your clothespin bag and other goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of that clothespin bag. I keep thinking about making one and I might just have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have almost the exact photos of my darlings. THey are some of my favorites. Just priceless and well worth it...and so is that tablecloth. Great finds...smiles..>Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. pears + whole berry cranberry sauce (melted) + a little flour, sugar, and butter...(and maybe some sweet white wine or a little maple syrup for good measure....top with a mixture of oatmeal, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and dots of butter and bake...mmmmm...I took some to work for a pot luck. It was very good!

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?