Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Burning out

In the words of The Help "oh law" I am tired.
I am feeling incredibly burnt out right now.
On everything.
There is ZERO time for me.

All I seem to do is cook and clean and mind children and cook and clean and mind children. And every day I wake up and think "oh yes!" today I only have to do one thing and then I will have some time to do something fun.
But before I know it, it's 10 30 pm and I still making bottles and doing dishes and folding one more load of laundry.
Or taking down all of the Halloween stuff.
I am surprised by just how much more work a second child has added. It hasn't just doubled, it's more like quadrupled.
And of course, this house being twice as big as the last isn't helping either.
I am genuinely hoping to get Christmas card photos taken and buy a few last presents and then I can be done with this work work work work work all day long crap.
But I am sure that is just wishful thinking.
In the meantime, I will just have to go in the sewing room and pet all these pretty new vintage fabrics.

And dream of having a moment to actually do something with them.

Until then I have to go fish something out of the baby's mouth.

Again.

4 comments:

  1. Things will get better when either Jack starts helping out or Sammi goes to preschool! I remember the first time all three were in school for the first time... I went home and just sat and listened to the silence! Forget about stuff needing to get DONE... just the quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya mama! Valen is obsessed with putting any and everything in his mouth. I don't remember it being this bad with the first two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I tell you how refreshing all that fabric was to view in the midst of my very own mothering chaos!?! Two is harder than adding three. Not that I am suggesting anything...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending sympathy and some extra spare time karma your way.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?