Saturday, November 26, 2011

Choo Choo

(Blogger has gone loco and is putting all sorts of weird spacing in my posts!)
We took the kids to the big train show this morning.

Among other things, we saw this AMAZING Lego layout (It was a monorail, apparently discontinued in 1993, but all his own designs, not a kit).

And none of it was glued together.

That's brave!

It has reignited Jack's love of all things train and he is downstairs driving Dave insane pushing him to get our trains up and running in the blink of an eye.

No adventure is complete with a stop for mom, which yielded ornaments! This black one is huge.
These bells are fun, they have a glass ball inside of them that makes them ring.
A pile of standard pretties.
Fun indents.
A kitschy elf.
A cute printed putz house.

And a captive elf.


'Tis the season!























3 comments:

  1. Great Christmas finds! I didn't end up with any Christmas goodies this morning, but I helped a friend out that was moving her shop to a smaller space in an antiques mall and ended up with some goodies that I have no place for! That train set up was cool, too! Makes me want to pull out the legos--but I donated nearly all of my toys to charity years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Lego display. Awesome ornaments too. Bring on the vintage Christmas cheer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just about to place a lego order myself. We love legos at my house. Clearly there are no age limits. The advent calendar is a favorite! Have fun...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?