Monday, November 07, 2011

An unexpected find

I was *this* close to not going to the flea yesterday. The time change means the children are up VERY early and Dave and I had stayed up well past midnight trying to score a really good Christmas deal.

But when I went to open the window after feeding Sammi, I noticed it was really warm out.

So off I went.



I picked up two more of these huge industrial wire baskets, which I have been using to organize pantry stuff. (Anyone know what these things are from anyway?)
Then as I was on my way back to my car I stopped to say goodbye to one of the vendors I have been friendly with for many years and I noticed a bag full of Ezrgebirge figurine parts. After digging through to decide if they were salvageable or not, I had to negotiate FOREVER on the price.



I first saw these sometime last year and I spent some time searching for them then, so I know that on both ebay and the retail market they are CRAZY expensive little things.

Since these are rough, and needed a lot of glue, I got them for a little less than 2 dollars each. Still not bargain basement cheap.
And despite the previous poor repair jobs that have left them darkened with glue I love them so much. So much sweetness in such a little thing.

Right now they are living on the mantle while I decide what on earth I am going to put there with my science posters.
Actually, the whole house is in 10 shades of disarray because of one VERY busy baby. I am being forced to rearrange a lot of stuff to keep her out of trouble and it is slow going right now! LOL

3 comments:

  1. We have some metal baskets at work, they have numbers on them and they are from the old lockers at the municipal pool. Could they be from a freezer? Just grasping at straws here............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your figurines are just the sweetest things EVER!!! I think I could find several lovely spaces for them in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking freezer baskets too. Lucky score on the figures. I have a bunch and I agree they can get pretty spendy (I pick them up when I find them cheap...but that is not often)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?