Friday, December 30, 2011

Pottery Shelving, AT LAST!

When we remodeled the house I DREAMED of a big wall of built in shelving for my pottery collection.

But like any good remodel we ran out of money.
With no place to store the pots I bought these two shelves at Target. (They didn't have white.)

I have never liked them.

They are dark, they are tiny. Did I mention dark?

And then Sammi got moving. So for nearly 5 months they have been sitting completely empty in the living room. She was into everything on them.
For Christmas/our anniversary, Dave built me some shelving.

Finally! Hurray.

They aren't built ins, but in the end I decided I didn't want that. (My dad was going to help him do that, but I thought my much loved tv dresser might look weird with a built in around it since it's old and chippy.)
It's kind of hard to believe, but this is the same amount of pottery. Actually a little less since I culled the herd yesterday.
Left side.
Right side.
I added in bits and pieces of things other than pottery - millinery flowers, my beaded wedding flowers, my wedding cake topper collection...
Old family photos...
Mirrors...
Needlework...
And a silver trophy among other things.
And now the bottom shelves hold toys for Sammi instead of sharp dangerous objects.

Thank you honey, it's lovely!

*We also had to hang up the giant television. I was terrified she was going to pull it over on herself.

7 comments:

  1. Perfect! Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Dave! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic I love it....What a wonderful gift..It looks like you tripled the pottery collection. Thanks for sharing...Smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic! What an enviable collection of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love it!! As a pottery junkie myself I know how difficult it can be to display all the pieces you have accumulated. It looks awesome. I inspired to keep my pottery collection intact, as I was considering parting with some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous collection of pottery. Looks straight out of a magazine! Dave did a fantastic job. What a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?