Saturday, December 31, 2011

To 2011

To 2011-
You gave me Sammi.

I needed nothing else really.

(Well, aside from gymboree and baby legs to clothe her in.)

You made me a mother again and Dave a father again and Jack a brother.

A wonderful brother.

Everything else this year? It pales in comparison to the sweetness and joy of that baby. And of watching MY KIDS (plural!) as they grow.

I will love you forever for that gift.

Love,
me

To 2012 -
I like to choose a word for every year instead of a "resolution". I think this shall be the year of "embrace". Embracing our differences, embracing our faults, embracing our gifts.

Perhaps even embracing new challenges and new journeys.

Embracing the uncertainty of the world with grace.

Yeaup, that'll do.

Here's to you bright shiny new year.

Love,
me

5 comments:

  1. Three cheers for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best photo of Sammi - too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Sammi joined your world this year too...love watching her grow up! Onto 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to a fabulous 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right: all else pales by comparison.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?