Friday, March 23, 2012

What we're up to

I have felt *slightly* normal this week. That means I am back to doing all the mom things that no one has been doing for 8 weeks! Mopping, laundry, vacuuming, digging out the laundry room (you couldn't even walk in there anymore) and changing up the holiday decorations (which were still from Christmas and Sammi's birthday, ahem).

I also had my 12 week ultrasound yesterday. Our baby is already measuring huge (I don't let that worry me, my kids are not little) at 7 cm and 3 ounces. Whoa. Amazing what 8 weeks can do.
(This one is hard to tell but it's a bent leg and foot). It never gets old you know? Seeing that egg turn into an egg sac which turns into a little gummy bear which turns into a little blob with arm buds and leg buds and then into a baby. Ours was trying desperately to suck it's little thumb already.

Miraculous.
Jack has turned his room into the library and has decided we should knock before entering. Where did those years go?
We bought and built the fort! It's not all the way done yet (needs some leveling and mulch), but Jack loves playing on it and so does Sammi. Win!
I put out the Easter postcards.
I put a few Easter things on the mantle.
It's not my usual all out Easter affair, but it'll do.
I am still too tired to think of taking it all down.
And s0me day I might like to sew something again instead of doing house work.

There is another big storm rolling in (complete with tornadoes, oy) and I have the oven on for cookies (see? mama is back!) so I better go get them in there before we lose power.

Happy Friday to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Wowza! What kind of fort is that? A mega fort, that's what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. Don't wear yourself out. (Or blow away.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much to rent the playhouse. That is amazing...I want to play. Glad to see things are going well. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?