Friday, April 20, 2012

I want to blog

I want to blog.

I really do.

But I cannot.

I am drowning over here.

I cannot seem to get out from underneath the constant messes of the kids and the cooking all day and the house and the laundry and blah blah blah.

I still spend a lot of time having to puke.

Sammi will not eat ANYTHING other than yogurt, cheese and cheerios. So she just cries all damn day long because she is hungry. I have tried to feed her nothing but those things. I have tried to feed her everything under the sun. I cannot get her full so she will stop that crying.

I decided this week that I would spend one hour a day doing something I enjoyed.

That lasted all of 2 days.

I had a better balance when Jack was little. (Of course I had a MUCH smaller, more manageable house. And Jack was not into every damn thing like Sammi is.)

I cannot get that balance back for the life of me.

It's wearing me very thin.

And there you have it.

3 comments:

  1. Whether the house is managed matters not a twit...keeping yourself and the kids on an even keel does. Find someone who will come in and give you some time to yourself! Get out of the house by yourself while someone else watches Sammi and Jack in in school... or find a "Mothers Day Out" .
    You sound awfully close to the edge.
    Prioritize ! A neat house is at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have mom's morning out programs in your area? 3 or 4 hours a day a couple times a week? If they do, it might be worth your while to look into it when S is all healed up. Getting her out into a new environment that she can explore and have a chance to socialize might just be what she needs. Plus if you are homeschooling J, it will give you some time to focus on his stuff.

    As for the crying, have you considered food allergies or intolerances? What might just suck is that dairy could be upsetting her tummy. Might tie into all the ear issues she has had too.

    Just some things to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you,
    Don't feel bad -- I feel like you most days!!! I have 2-year-old twins who are in to everything and everything and I feel like they are nothing like my oldest (now 9) at this point in their lives. She was EASY. And so smart and picked up on things easy and these two just tear life apart regularly and I don't have as much time to teach them stuff and it's hard, so hard, and I get so little time to myself. I feel your pain!!! I also feel like my two are hungry a lot but they are so picky sometimes! I am always amazed at all that you do with your gorgeous tag sale/etc. finds and crafty stuff. You inspire me! (Rambling, I know, but it's 11:30 at night and I'm tired but it's the only time I get my blog reading in!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?