Monday, April 16, 2012

You're kidding me right?

Oy vey. Last week did not go well. It involved two sick kids and one cat who had scratched herself very bloody. Oh yea, and one spectacular bout of morning sickness.

All on the same day.

Then yesterday the kids were playing in the yard and Jack did something so freaking stupid, and something I had just told him not to do TWICE (never mind how many other times he has been reprimanded for it), which resulted in him injuring Sammi.

And it left her unable to walk.

We went to urgent care, waited a bazillion hours with two very restless children (one of whom had a spectacular tantrum screaming about how much he hates his sister*), had her x-rayed (no visible broken bones YET), and were referred to the ortho today.

When we got home I gave her advil and she was motoring a little.

I hoped with some rest she would wake up able to move today.

But no. Actually she is worse and unable to move at all today. (Doesn't even want to attempt to stand up or walk.)

I have been up all night worrying. The cast will likely be from her hip to her foot, since no one knows where the pain is in a kid her age. The thought of her totally immobile for three weeks is terrifying me. I am still sick and I have been relying on her being able to move around and play.

Also, my baby cannot walk!

And I a M A D. It's not that Jack did something stupid it's that every.single.day. we are *discussing* how he needs to do what he is told and do it when asked. Not after being asked 16 times. (And yes, I have tried a bazillion different *discipline strategies.*)

This pretty much could not suck anymore than it does right now.

Right now I am HOPING that the ortho will put her in a walking cast, but I am not feeling very hopeful.


*I am not unsympathetic to what a challenge this has been for a kid who was an only child for 6 years. I can, however, think of better times and places to express this than an emergency doctor visit. I had to have him and Dave with us because she has to be held down for the x-rays and I am pregnant and cannot do it. I know - he is 7. But holy Moses that was incredibly stressful.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Sarah. :( I don't know if you believe in prayer but I do and I just said one for all of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can do is send you a virtual hug. What I wish I could do is send you a real live cleaning lady and mother's helper for the next six years! Hang in there. We are all pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So sorry. Poor Damming. Poor everybody. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been thinking of you. Dang, I am....hoping it all works itself out and life is rosier again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no - I really feel for you. It sounds like you do your best to keep everything running ship-shape. That's an awful lot to contend with. I hope you can take a few minutes each day just to close your eyes and breathe to ground yourself in the midst of all the worry. Do keep us all posted on Sammi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter how much you warn and watch and threaten and discipline...they just make poor decisions or accidents happen. My husband likes to say that they act like a couple of 3 year-olds. I am always amazed at what one woman can get through. Hopefully the morning sickness will end soon. That's probably the worst part! Thinking of you. I will look at the strawberry fabric for the information.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?