Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The little stuff from Iowa

I bought a big bag (80 spools) of beautiful silk thread. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to make a pinterest wreath I saw the week before.
Then I made the mistake of checking the stuff on Ebay.

Some of it brings crazy amounts of $$. But it's so yummy and soft and beautiful. I am not sure I can part with it.
Small meyercord decals.
Giddy up cowboy!
A bavarian cup. I needed a new water cup in our bathroom.
Vogart iron on transfers.
Something I have never seen before.
Large meyercord decals.
And a horse belt buckle. Every little girl goes through a horse phase, right? I hope so!

5 comments:

  1. I did not have a good experience selling silk thread on eBay - I had a potential customer grill me on its 'tensile strength' and it worried me so much I didn't sell it. I had no idea how to test for that (nor did I see that anyone else was providing that particular service) but it made me paranoid about selling something that I didn't know everything about. Which might be just my way of saying, c'mon, make that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the wreath and I have a special flamingo party coming up. Those decals are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lady ahead of me at Goodwill just bought ten Ziploc bags full of thread - all sorted out into pink bag, blue bag, yellow bag, etc. They were $1.00 a bag and I was sick I didn't find them first. I would have made a wreath like that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thread is beautiful. It's funny, when I belonged to the quilt guild they would preach about not using old thread because it was not worth risking a project. I have found so many of the older threads are such better quality than today's "Coats & Clark" mainstream varieties. I will admit, I don't know much about silk thread, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That thread truly is lovely! I'll tell you, with the pain in the butt that is selling on eBay these days (not to mention the exorbitant fees) I might just keep them and make that gorgeous wreath to admire every time you walk past it.

    Love the flamingo decals!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?