Monday, June 18, 2012

fixed it

Picked a paint color - Martha Stewart Enamelware (home depot). I think what Renee said resonated with me the most, pink is lovely, but it gets old fast.

Speaking of getting old fast - several of you suggested gray. That room is already gray. I don't like it. I also painted the hall bath gray when we moved in. That didn't even last two months. Gray may be very trendy, but, eh, I have tried it in paint and curtains and bed linens and I always ditch it quickly. It's not for me.
Fixed the Sammi and the high chair problem. She prefers to eat in a regular chair, at the counter, like the rest of us. Yes, it looks scary. But that child is part monkey. There is no keeping her off there anyway. Might as well let her eat there. Never mind our bed heads.
My much loved quilt has completely shredded in one area. I have mended it three times. This time I gave in and quilted parts of a vintage pillowcase right over it to make it sturdier. Seems to be working since there has been no terrifying rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppp in the middle of the night since I did it.
Hung up a pile of art I uncovered in the sewing room clean out. I need something for that bottom frame. It's huge. The opening is 20 x 12.

What on earth can I put in there?

We also had the yard sale Friday night. Sold a metric ton of crap, donated another entire truckload of crap and are feeling blissfully crap free. For a least a minute. Didn't make a fortune, but made enough to either 1) hire a painter or 2) buy everything else I need for the new baby. I think number 2 is going to win out. The quilts? They sold within the first 30 seconds. To one person who bought all 9 of them. (And I didn't even ask about their fate. Nope. Took the money and said enjoy!)

Now the kids and I are off to buy the paint for Sammi's room. I need to get that room painted, get her new dresser painted, get her new crib painted, make curtains for TBA's room and well, die from exhaustion? I don't know how I plan to do all that. LOL

P.S. I actually have a finished project I hope to get up this week. And I bought something yesterday which has become a new obsession. Fun!

8 comments:

  1. love the paint color, love Sami in her big chair. Go Sami! And as always your kitchen makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how my kid started eating table food - she just wouldn't put up with anything else and I figured why fight it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick your battles. She's is head strong just like Claire. I cannot explain it but it does work out for the good. Claire rarely gets shaken by things. No fear. Enamelware is a color...no way! Fab...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I painted our house in that exact color and I love it! It looks great with vintage art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the aqua with pink accessories a lot. I doubt very many people here in the Pacific NW would want to paint a room gray -- even if it is a trendy color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a lovely color! I actually love greys in my house (funny - because I live in the Pacific NW), but I accent it with bright pops of color around it. It is kind of one of those you have to love it sort of colors though :)

    Yay for cleaning out a bunch of stuff at your garage sale :) That is one garage sale I wish I could have gone to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about a vintage (or current) map in that big frame? of the US or world? the colors tend to be just right for your palette.
    The color you chose looks great.
    --sarabeth in Mass

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about a vintage (or current) map in that big frame? of the US or world? the colors tend to be just right for your palette.
    The color you chose looks great.
    --sarabeth in Mass

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?