Friday, June 29, 2012

Paper doll art


These are not magazine worthy photos, I was trying to avoid shadows of me and the chandelier, but trust me on this, these are crazy, crazy cute. And easy to do. (And this is a really small room, barely 10 x 11.)

I just put scrapbook paper behind them. (I used an old Martha pack called pegboard, which is polka dots).
The 12 x 12 paper is not quite big enough for the frame with the girls, so I have pieced it until I figure out a better solution.
Then I just matched dots to the clothes. Brown dots here.
And so on.




The bottom dress here has slipped a little bit. I didn't want to tape them in, because I didn't want them ruined.

Pesky chandelier!

6 comments:

  1. Darling of course...What color did you end up spraying the frames? I have an old one that has a hue of white/grey on it already but I can never figure out what to do with the others? At least you don't have the boob light up there. Hate those...Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look darling! I love paper dolls. The frames are so cute--sprayed white like that instead of the gold, they end up looking like lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love paper dolls. Mine all get played with, but I do have some I've thought about scanning in and framing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate had framed paper dolls in her room when she was young. They were adorable. Your project turned out great...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the closeups! My mom framed the ones that belonged to her grandmother ... they are OLD. All of the old ones are little works of art. p.s. mailed you a package today....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?