Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sammi moves to a new room

(Blogger seems to have uploaded these in whatever order they wanted, and there are too many for me to rearrange, sorry about that. And they have no spell check.)

I worked my tail off and got Sammi into her new room in just a few days.

And I LOVE it. It is so sweet and fresh and vintage little girl.

I have been browsing nursery websites looking for ideas for TBA's room* and some of the ones that claim to be "budget" make me die. $2000 is a budget nursery? WHOA. So just for fun I will include the prices of what I can remember. I have been collecting things for awhile now, so some are forgotten.
View from the door.
Next to the crib.
Basket with some of her doll quilts. I have the rest in the cupboard so I can switch them out. I know some people assumed that if TBA is a girl I would've just left them, but those are gifts of love to Sam from so many of you! They belong to her. (Basket $5 walmart.)
Old towel rack ($2) behind the door holding the perfect baby quilt ($8).
Vintage toddler dress ($3) on the closet doors.
Marquee letters ($20 for 36 of them) above the closet.
Other view from the door.
American girl bitty baby (50 cents) in a vintage doll bed ($5) with a feedsack quilt (50 cents).
End table ($15) with vintage baby sized quilts and an old tole lamp ($3).
Quilt kitty and assorted stuff on thrift store shelves ($2).
Inside her cupboard.
My favorite cupboard ($30) with her tin doll house ($10) on top.
Wood doll kitchen ($2), which she loves.
Vintage doll bunk beds (maybe $10?) with a vintage coat rack (pay by the pound, so maybe 30 cents). I hang her little necklaces and stuff here and she LOVES to accessorize!
Poofs and bunting and vintage prints ($5) above her bed.
This was a FILTHY old telephone shelf ($2) which is working perfectly for diapers.
A new used crib ($25). Jenny lind beds are becoming crazy hard to find around here. The hardest part of the crib was painting it. It takes at least 6 cans of spray paint, in case you want to do that yourself. ($25). I did not sand it or anything crazy like that. (Linens are from goodwill, shabby chic baby from target, $4 for all of it.)
My FAVORITE FAVORITE part! Paper doll art. I have pictures of all of them for tomorrow. ($10 for the paper dolls, $5 for all the frames, 2 cans of paint - $6.)
Old wool coat on the door ($2).
Pretty, perfectly shabby mirror above the dresser ($6).
Pretty old shelf holding diaper supplies. (Which are not so pretty, but I didn't have any more canisters I liked in there.)Dresser with floral appliques on it ($40), which required a million coats of paint.

Sweet isn't it?

And even if I added up EVERY little thing in there, including crib mattresses and changing pads and trash cans and so forth I am well below the $500 mark.

*I am thinking vintage alphabet for TBA. But it's proving to be a bit more challenging than I wanted. So I might give up. LOL

8 comments:

  1. Love to see pics of Sammy. She has to be the cutest little girl ever! Love that she is a spitfire too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also love how you put that whole room together while pregnant. WOW! My favorite idea is the coat hanger to hang baby doll clothes and necklaces. I think I'm going to steal that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a wonderful job and I love the soft pallet of colors.
    I can't wait to see what you do with TBA's room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magazine worthy. Those shelves are darling. Prices are even better than I could find. Love all the tole. Do you think she would mind if I came to play? Who wouldn't want Jenny Lind? Frames look fab...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's totally adorable, and I'm so impressed with all your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with this. I can't wait to see the paper doll art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Straight out of a fancy magazine. The paper doll art is fabulous, can't wait to see the close ups

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join http://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
    We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
    All the best,
    Diane
    info@coollectors.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?