Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sammi's baby quilt, vintage baby Aster

Sammi's baby quilt is FINALLY finished. This thing took me so, so much longer than I thought it would. And I had to try about 4 different techniques for appliqueing circles before I found one that worked for me.
In the end I am really proud of it.
It's a proper baby quilt for her, and the vintage fabrics that Martha very kindly cut and sent to me are so much fun to look at.
I ended up choosing a vintage style print from Joann for the binding.
And getting Sam to take a picture with it once I had washed it? Nearly as hard as making the entire quilt. She is really in her feral toddler stage right now. No washing, no hair combing, no doing what anyone wants her to do, no putting down the twelve things in her hands. LOL And if you DARE suggest she do any of those things she rolls on the floor crying.

Anyhow.

In the last two days I have painted one room, one dresser (three stinking coats), one jenny lind crib (that was fun!), and one coat rack. I am TIRED. And ready to start putting together Sam's new room.

Back with that fun soon. After I catch up the laundry, the dishes, the vacuuming and everything else I wasn't doing while I was painting!

8 comments:

  1. feral toddler stage - ha! love that description.

    love that quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is awesome, I love the vintage fabrics.
    Sammi is getting so big. she will be a great big sister.
    Your vintage lawn furniture . . we have 2 chairs with that same "pie crust" pattern. Ours is painted Forrest green.
    Happy first day of summer. (although it feels like we have been there for weeks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is amazing. I am in awe of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sarah! The quilt looks wonderful, and I am proud of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing! Even better than I imagined. Pat yourself on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I refuse to believe that sweet child could utter as much as a squeak of protest. (HA!) The quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i must say...that is one cute baby girl you got there! she may be in her feral toddler stage, but man....she's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh & beautiful quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?