Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I carried a watermelon

It has literally been YEARS since I hit a yard sale good enough to fill up the back of my van for $20.

Until this morning.

It was so good the kids and I bought as much as I could carry, came home and rested and then went back and bought more.

I didn't carry a watermelon but I did carry 40 lbs of china. A long way. I thought my hugely pregnant self might die. LOL

It is marked Steubenville. There is a complete service for 6. And it is BEAUTIFUL.
Plus some serving dishes.Big cereal sized bowls.
And a creamer and a sugar. Plus a few extra dishes. (It was probably a service for 8 at some point.)
I also picked up vintage baby clothes.

So cute.
And old toddler pajamas.
A fun piece of vintage flannel.
A quilt. (Of course.)
An old baby blanket.
Vintage switchplate covers. Love these and I hardly ever find them.
More metal frames. (I will never pass those up again after I realized how darn hard they can be to come by.)
And vintage fisher price toys! The round one is a drum that Sammi loves.
FINALLY. A toy iron. A wolverine one at that. I have been looking for a toy iron since we finished the basement playhouse before Sammi was born.
More 1970's fisher price. Sammi is getting big enough to enjoy the pretend toys now.
A fun 1940's book.
And a new, but useful (hello decoupage!), doll clothes suitcase.

Plus some useful stuff for the new baby, toys for Jack, and books for all of us.

It's about darn time I had a really good yard sale haul. The only thing missing was Christmas stuff...

8 comments:

  1. Lucky you! What a haul...
    I am crossing my fingers that the estate sale I plan to go to tomorrow is good, with reasonable prices (I might be dreaming). Wish me luck!
    PS When is that baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

    You found some good loot. My kid didn't even know we owned an actual iron until he was about thirteen. i do not iron! Oddly enough, it was one of my favorite toys when I was little. Mine even plugged in and got warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those wall switch plates. I have one lonely one. I have a slew of those frames too.

    Same as Shara, I used to iron all my doll clothes with my warm iron. A couple of years ago I found an old metal childs ironing board, but still no iron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!That was yard sale lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door. This is good. Good enough to go back for more...pregnant, heat, with kids, still picking. You are Superwoman. Now you have an iron to iron the costume...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously good stuff. I'm thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SCORE!!!

    Totally envious of the china score. Not that I need another set, but it could come in handy. It's a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That china is so pretty! Lucky duck! I scored a lovely Royal Holland Pewter pitcher today for $1.37, so I am pleased with that!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?