Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The fabric I wouldn't let go of

I had already walked two full aisles of the flea market with my crabby kids without buying a single thing when what did I spy with my little eye?

Bundles of vintage fabric scraps.

There was a lady sort of standing in front of them discussing a pair of scissors and I had flashbacks to all those records I lost a few weeks ago.

I was not losing all the fabric so I sort of reached around and started picking them up. (Why yes, I am that rude person. Ahem.) She didn't seem to care (the scissors weren't sterling, so she was leaving), so I scooped every last one of them.

There are only a few big pieces, but I don't care, even old scraps are gold to me!

There is a fair amount of this one, my favorite!








I love these towels so stinking much. I wish I had a little window I could use them as curtains for. Must find a good use for them.
There is probably a yard of this print.
This vintage juvenille print is what caught my eye in the first place.

And part of a feedsack.
See? That flea always treats me well!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how you can train your eye to spot that? (I once spied a Gurley witch candle from across a parking lot.) The juvenile print is great - I like that one with fall leaves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the fall leaves in orange, turquoise and gray. Cool color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Some very pretty fabrics! (And you are right, how cute would that towel be in a little window! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?