Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Guessing the weight of TBA

Wow. More than a week since I have been here, huh?

I went to a vow renewal ceremony over the weekend, which was wonderful. And perfect. And just exactly what I needed as I am about to embark on this three kids journey.
The kids got sick.

Sam is still sick. Pretty darn sick actually. I expect that any moment now she will have yet another ear infection.

The hurricane blew through. And just kept dropping tornadoes every two hours last Friday.

Which postponed my trip to the 61 mile yard sale. But I went anyway on Saturday. With the kids. And 9 months pregnant. And I bought ONE stinking thing. One.

Today we went to the hospital to get one last measurement of the giant baby to be. Look at those cheeks. LORDY that is one cute baby in there. (In case you need help with that pic, the baby is looking right at you, mouth open, hands under the chin.)

But also?

One very large baby.

Scary large.

Today is the first day of week 36 and they estimate the fetal weight TODAY at 8 lbs 15 oz.

I think I pooped myself.

I am measuring 40 weeks 4 days. And I feel every bit of it. I can hardly walk, I never sleep, I have pains everywhere.

And they are starting to talk about all the scary stuff - amnios, inductions, c-sections.

Jack and Sam were both born at 38 weeks, 2 days. One via induction and one that just came.

I am meeting with the OB on Thursday to start discussing what happens now.

In the meantime, maybe you could all do a happy dance, send up a hope and prayer that TBA decides it is just time to come out sometime in the next 16 days? All that talk really scares the crap out of me. This is already my most anxious time with the kids - that moment when I have to stare down those infertility demons and get my head around having a real, live baby. I really don't need it to be any scarier.

I just need to get to the finish line.

And apparently soon.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah, hang in there and hope that finish line is near and easy. Been thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I removed my previous comment due to spelling error!!) What I meant to say was:

    Eeek! Not long to go. It feels like yesterday you announced you were preggers (perhaps doesn't feel like yesterday to you!!) Just think this time next month you'll have your baby and be getting into your groove. Sending you lots of luck (and patience) for the coming days x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so close! Sending you all kinds of positive energy! I even have a little TBA gift sitting out, where I look at it and wonder whether you'd like it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you some positive vibes. You are definitely on the homestretch. I can't wait to see pictures of your 3 little ones all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute sick picture. We had tons of rain here but no heavy storms. It has turned hot again though. I can't wait to see the cheeks on this gorgeous baby. Praying for you all. Smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?