Monday, October 22, 2012

On the ninth day of Halloween

On the ninth day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
 
One baby + pumpkins photo shoot that took an absurdly long time. (Think many hours of rocking, shushing, feeding, placing, rock again, feed again, place again. LOL)  I somehow thought that with a newborn it would be easier than it was with a 9 month old Sammi last year.




I really wanted to curl him up on top of the pumpkin, but he would not tuck his little legs! (He looks a little odd here, but I assure you he is sound asleep.)

Also, I think it's worth nothing that this pumpkin is SO darn big that Dave could barely carry it (I couldn't even budge it an inch). And look at how big Grant is on it. (That is also one HUGE old bread bowl he is in in the first shot.)

I had a WHOA moment the other day when it finally hit just me how big this baby truly is.




The shot I REALLY wanted his sort of like this - a bit of a distant shot of him inside the pumpkin and it totally didn't work out as I had planned. He just did not like being in that position (even though I had totally lined the inside of the pumpkin with blankets and towels so it wasn't cold and slimy and spent 30 minutes feeding him before I put him in there).

Oh well, some of them are super sweet anyway.  I love babies in pumpkins!

* Jack is home sick (again) today and I am trying to get us back on track from the world's busiest weekend. All while my freak out factor about the fact that I am STILL not healing well is reaching it's all time high. Grant will be 4 weeks old in 2 days, WTH is the problem? With the other two kids I was feeling excellent after 3 or 4 days.  Sigh.

6 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love your pumpkin shots. I think ahead to ten years or more~you will treasure the pictures even more then and the kids will cringe! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkin shots are absolutely priceless. It was worth all the time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look at that pumpkin - and you know which one I mean. Can't stand the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...not to state the obvious but you do see what you just grew right? That had to be painful. He is absolutely gorgeous. Oh my goodness it makes you want to have three more....smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pictures! Wishing you a well deserved healing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?