Thursday, October 25, 2012

On the sixth day of Halloween

On the sixth day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
 
 One picture of Sammi in her "back up plan" Halloween costume (I found the one I really wanted on Ebay a few months ago);
 "I want that camera now!";
 One more Halloween "craft" made by Jack (this was a kit from Oriental trading);
 One trip without the kids to Goodwill a few days ago, which yielded one of those very sparkly Target wreaths (I need to take off those pine cones and acorns and add something to it for Christmas, but I don't know what yet).  The line to check out was to the back of the store (at 8 pm!) and the music was so loud I swear I was in a dance club. I need them to stop telling people on the tv to thrift, there is nothing to buy and it is always VERY crowded.
And one of those very overpriced "special" store things from Target too.

Today has also yielded:
*gnats all over the window screens that are so small they can fit through the screens, which means I cannot open the windows even though both of the littles are pooping so much it's getting to be like a public toilet in here
*one leaking deep freezer
*one baby that would not go back to sleep last night
*one show down first thing this morning with Jack over buying a school lunch (he refused even though I have nothing to feed him. As he was making his own lunch ! he said to me "I know you were just testing to me to see if I could make a lunch" LOL. I wasn't really. I was too tired and there was nothing to send.)
*one emergency costume needed for Jack's scout party tonight (good luck to me there, Jack is very literal and none of the last minute ideas I have *mean* anything to him - like a black eyed P)
*one toddler who is hugely entertained by a flashlight
*just color me exhausted today. And it's early release (enough with the early release crap already), so I have all three kids here very soon. And a huge to do list which includes things like JACK HAS NO COSTUME FOR HALLOWEEN! and I have nothing to give the trick or treaters. Oy.

Is it Friday yet? 

3 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    Maybe Jack should be a farmer, with Grant, the pea. Just an idea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't take it.....your family is entirely too cute! Sammi and Grant are adorable in their costumes and I'm sure you'll come up with something for Jack. Love that Halloween decoration he made! You are definitely SuperMom right now. I'm exhausted just reading about everything you do in just one day!
    Happy Halloween!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?