Sunday, November 18, 2012

Flea Market Sundays

Oy, it's been a hectic week. I have been sick for two weeks and I spent all week hacking my darn head off and trying like mad to keep up with the kids and the house. I think things are finally on the downside thanks to some homeopathic cough medicine.
 Grant turned 7 weeks old this week. These are blurry because he is starting to get busy!
 Spending more time awake, interacting with the kids and grinning like mad when he hears my voice.
 And he is starting to get pretty. His eyes are cleared up, his skin is evening out and he is taking on that gorgeous baby look that his sibling both had.

He and I went to the flea market by ourselves this week.
 I have been passing up plenty of Christmas stuff unless it is something I don't already have. Like this pair of instrument playing Elves/Santas.
 Or this completely crazy and awesome little silver tree.
 Or more piles of glass garland. (Yes, I have plenty, but when it's cheap, it's gonna be MINE!)
 I also picked up a fisher price cash register for a dollar. The buttons don't work anymore and I am considering taking the back off and seeing if we can make it work again. We have nothing to lose for a dollar, right?
 Lord knows I have plenty of quilts, but they are still my number one love right now. I bought this one at an estate sale. It's pretty rough (it has a big hole up there where it is hanging on the line), but it was super cheap. I *think* I have enough true cutters to try making a slipcover for my chair now.
 Besides, the pink sailors are too fun to pass up.
 I paid a little more than I should have for this one, but the quilt well has been dry lately.
 She's a beauty.
Now if only I would deal with the pile of them that has accumulated in my laundry room of all places.

Shame on me.

Happy Sunday to you! Be back (I hope soon) with Grant's room and the recent portraits of the kids. I know, I know, you are waiting with baited breath! LOL

P.S. Not many folks were interested in the Jooners giveaway?  There is still one upgrade if you want it. Email me.

2 comments:

  1. He is gorgeous...a nice mix of Sam and Jack. I have a cutter I am going to redo a slipper chair with. I can't wait. Still can't believe how many garlands you get...Haven't had a chance at any in a year...smiles...and Happy Thanksgiving...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your silver tree is simply divine and you are so good at scoring glass garlands. Happy almost Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?