Monday, November 19, 2012

Grant's vintage school themed nursery

Okay, the pictures are going to have to speak for themselves here since I have one crying baby, one toddler who just spilled juice and one "din" that is covered in oil from the driveway somehow (?WTH?).
 
A few notes: the curtains are vintage, I bought them before Jack was born and used them in his room too. I couldn't find enough chalkboards for the chalkboard collage I pinned, so this is what evolved. The light is a stop gap - it was a $2 brass and glass fixture from Habitat restore that Dave took apart and we put a Lowe's shade over it. It's not enough light, but I still have yet to find anything I love. When we change his room to a toddler room the dark gray GOES. The alphabet knobs were a lucky Michaels clearance find (50 cents each!). Everything else is garage saled/thrift stored/ebayed/left over from Sam/used for all three kids.
 
The end. LOL















11 comments:

  1. Those curtains are DIVINE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! s many great touches...you done good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part was the abicas (sp?). Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it!! The abacus is my fave too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute, especially those chalkboards. I just love the way you've decorated your whole house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grant's room is darling, with so many cute details. I love the curtains, too and the abacus. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just way too cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the abacus above the crib! We have no lightshade in the babys room yet, I'm dreading what we might have to settle on until we find the perfect one. I didn't think that would turn into the hardest part of decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same green chalkboard with the children walking across the top! It is in my laundry room and my daughter decorates it to fit each season. I love those curtains. You are lucky to have gotten to enjoy them so many times.

    :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! The abacus is divine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?