Monday, November 12, 2012

Mending holes in the thighs of jeans, but cute!

 One of the things I look forward to the most after the babies are born is wearing my favorite jeans again.  Imagine my horror when the inner thighs ripped out last week.

I googled and googled and googled this morning, but all the blog tutorials tell you how to patch them sensibly. From the inside, so you can't see the repairs.

 Having ruined my favorite college pair in a similar fashion, I already knew how uncomfortable (and frankly worthless) those stupid iron on denim patches are.
 So I just did it my way.  Instead of one HUGE patch on the inner thigh I cut up several small rectangles. Stuck them on with Steam a Seam (not the light stuff). Iron.
And then start quilting. Vertically and horizontally. Sew, sew, sew, some more. Then resume wearing favorite ratty old jeans. :-)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I've done this with more than a few pairs of my favorites. They just don't make jeans like they used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair that are literally within a wearing or two of doing the same thing. Of course, they're my favorite. I'm heartbroken! I love your repair idea.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?