Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Keeping me busy

Sewing and the littlest stinkers are keeping me quite busy. I can't believe I haven't been here in almost a week!
 This one still has clothing issues. I cannot keep her dressed for more than 10 minutes before she decides she MUST have a wardrobe change.
 Smiley Grant turned 11 weeks old today.
 He has been on Zantac for a few weeks now so I started putting him on the playmat when he is awake. He tolerates it for a few minutes, but not much longer than that.  He has learned how to grab onto things though. It always makes me laugh when they learn how to grab but not how to let go!
 I decided to go with the appliqued pillow case idea for my nieces and nephews for Christmas. I used whatever animal my brother said was their favorites aside from this one.

 A cowboy D for the littlest cowboy. (It took a lot of cowboy ideas to come up with one I liked.)
 A panda for my nephew closest to Jack in age.
 A penguin for my oldest niece.
And a unicorn for my youngest niece who LOVES fluffy unicorns.

Aside from taking me forever to do many layered appliques + embroidery, I think they turned out swell.

And I have already started on another project for Sammi.

Is it christmas break yet? Another pair of hands would mean more time to sew!

5 comments:

  1. Good heavens...those are sweet appliqué animals. I opted for the simple flannel pillowcase and Claire got a crochet edge on hers. A very happy baby and changable sister indeed. Oh and yes you can make those sweet outfits out of a thomas or fish fabric and I for one would love to see how long she would wear them...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good person you are, making lovely Christmas presents. Adorable children you're raising, too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are like clones of each other, except for one being a girl. How do you make them like that? SOOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the panda applique. You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?