Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Oh thrift store, sometimes I LOVE YOU

I have been trying to think of something I can make for my nieces and nephews that is 1) easy to make 2) can be made in multiples and 3) can work for girls or boys of many ages. I decided on personalized pillow cases, each with an applique of what that kid is into at the moment.
 
Rather than make the pillow cases I went to the newest thrift store tonight to see if I could find some suitable cases to just applique.
 
Now, this  a brand new goodwill.  And it has been pretty decent to me lately, but with clothes and toys for the littlest people. It is NOT a vintage heaven thrift. (But that's okay, 'cause that stuff is needed too.)
 
 Sam and I walked in the door and what did I see? Not one, not two, but THREE of much, much, much loved pottery barn teen sunwashed floral duvet covers. In Queen!

I bought one last year and have been constantly stalking that pattern on Ebay ever since. Now I have enough of that fabric to cover half the house in it if I please.  And how much did I paid for such glory?  $6 for all of them.

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO.
I also picked up this king sized, brand new sheet. I think the girl's pillow cases will be darling made out of it.

Now if I could just manage to find a vintage heaven thrift.  Those seem to have all dried up when the economy went south oh so many years ago. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors on the duvet covers and that cute sheet print will make great pillowcases!

    Don't you love it when you know you're on the right path for a project and things fall into place?

    Around here vintage finds at thrifts are an occasional thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our thrifts have been horrible lately. I can't tell if it is just because it is trendy or if its the economy. Smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you find that vintage thrift heaven, give me a call, will you? I shouldn't complain ... but there sure doesn't seem to be as much as there used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thrift gods smiled on me today. Happy Happy here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?