Made it Monday - A baby quilt for Grant
Blogger has lost it's mind again, so sorry that everything is all over the place.
I FINALLY finished Grant's quilt. What an ordeal it was. In fact, every quilt* feels like an ordeal. I did end up using the aqua stripe above the buntings that most of you recommended. It feels wonky. And like the batting shrunk more than it usually does? But whatever. It's done.
I couldn't get a full photo because I am not going out in the cold, LOL.
Deciding on how to quilt it was no easy task either. I am not a big fan of modern all over quilting that takes away from the blocks. I used painters tape this time for the stripes in the white panels, and that method works pretty darn well.
I really think my dislike of it is just that I paid so darn much for the fabric. It set up an expectation of perfection.
Without knowing that I might like it a lot more.
Also, why haven't I taken more photos of my latest cutie patootie?
You sure do look sweet on your new quilt.
Even if it took me many months to finish because I was too pregnant to sit at the machine, then I had a new problem which keeps from sitting at the machine too long, and oh yea, now my fingers HURT REALLY BAD and I can't sew from that either.
I finished another project this weekend too (miracle.) And I started on my valentines after MUCH debate about what to make. (I threw away something important when I moved the sewing room the last time. I am happy I am finally in a place I won't have to move out of every 6 months. I can start hoarding again.)
Now I need to go change yet another diaper and start hunting for ONE button that Grant's baptism outfit is missing. Needle in a haystack there for sure.
*I had to wait an HOUR in line at Joann yesterday to get one yard of interfacing cut. (Total insanity.) When I was waiting I was talking to the sewing machine sales lady and I realized I have actually used my sewing machine a TON since we bought it from her. I really want to try and count how many quilts I have made.