Monday, February 11, 2013

The biggest doll house ever

Business first - Shara has very kindly put up photos of all the Valentines for us from the Heart to Heart swap on her blog.  I am just not sure I am going to get to it this week still!  She doesn't know who made what or where you might want your project linked to, so you should go visit her and let her know what you made.  While you are there, stay awhile! I love Shara, we have known each other since Jackson was a really small fry and I always enjoy her company. (My kids are just crazy demanding right now and Jack is off school a lot this week.)
 
My high school girlfriend Ange loves junk as much as I do. Last week sometime she sent me a link to a Craigslist ad for a dollhouse. It had no price, so I just made a random offer and she accepted it. I knew the dollhouse was big so I sent Dave to get it for me.
 
I thought I was going to do this in my laundry room with it.
 
I had NO IDEA how big it was.
 
 
 Jack is not a small fry anymore, he is up to my shoulder and I am 5'8! This thing is as long as my minivan with the seats removed.
 It's enclosed on all four sides with these glass windows on the back to open and play with it.
 One of the side porches.
 The front.
 Inside one of the windows looking at the stairwell.

 Just look at how tall the roof is.
The *front door*, which is really on the side.

It was wired for electricity at one point.

It needs a LOT Of cleaning up, which means right now it is in the garage until spring gets here.

Then I have to decide where to put it!

7 comments:

  1. Holy Moly! That's one awesome dollhouse. You know I'm totally loving this acquisition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the house. Even though it's tons bigger than what you wanted for that project, how can even MORE storage be wrong?! Love that it's electrified too. Seriously, can't wait to see what you're gonna do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat old house. Don't get mad, but I can totally see it as a chicken coup. That one picture showing the back with the glass doors, it just looks like chickens should be roosting in all those rooms!

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool find! It's *huge*! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dollhouse is amazing. It would look great on my porch. :)

    Happy to do the Heart to Heart Post and welcome everyone that is coming over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummed I missed the swap this year! I Love all the ornaments Shara posted! Love the new Doll house, too! I have nearly fallen out of blog land, aside from Facebook due to my new job!

    Mikey
    me@mikeyfuller.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?