Sunday, June 02, 2013

Choo Choo Thomas!


We used to take a little Jack to Kansas every year for the day out with Thomas and a ride on the big Thomas train.
Yesterday we took Sammi girl (and the boys too!) to Kansas for her ride on the big Thomas train.
(I wish I had noticed the settings on the camera were wonky, the photos are not great. Sad.)  She was the only princess there in a Thomas tutu dress. Which everyone loved.
And my little ray of sunshine could NOT have been more excited about the whole thing. "I ride de Thomas!" "Well, come on, let's ride Thomas!" Her joy and enthusiasm are amazing. Plus, there were load of little boys (they must have been 3, lord 3 is awful) dropping to the ground crying everywhere and she did not cry even once. Thank you Jesus.
Ginty crabbed the entire time.







She loved the wind in her hair.

I love how toddlers try and catch the wind.

He's grown a bit, eh? LOL
I had a bit of a showdown with the kid in charge of the photo stations. He INSISTED we move to the next station. I INSISTED we not. This platform was higher and Sammi was the littlest damn kid there. Besides, we were next in line and he wanted me to move to where I was going to be 5th in line. NO freaking way dude. Not happening. There was a little shouting. Ahem. I drove my kid 4.5 hours to ride 30 mins on that train and I AM taking her photo right here thankyouverymuch. Then she wouldn't smile. Sigh.

Friday night an EF3 tornado dropped down less than 5 miles from our house. We are fine, but man, it's getting a little too close for comfort this year. Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the excitement and wonder in Sammi girl's face...I love how her personality just shines, and she is soo adorable too! Baby Grant looks happy in his picture, and you are right, Jack has certainly grown up. He looks protective of his little sister, and at the same time enjoying her pleasure. Watching your little family grow has been such a joy. Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite picture of Sammi is the one that is directly after the one of Grant. You definitely captured the excitement on her little face. Kudos for you to standing up to the mean photo guy. I mean really, how hard is it to let you take a photo where YOU want to take it?

    I have a quilt question for you. I picked up an amazing feedsack quilt from the Farm Chicks show this weekend. It definitely needs a good washing but I have no idea how to go about it. I was told that it was from the 1940's and I would die if I ruined it. I figured you would be the right person to ask.

    Thanks, Sarah!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, the joy of taking a 3yo to thomas! we did it... 3 times? i kinda miss it, and if we brought it up, our 10yo would STILL want to do it, but riding the rails NOT on thomas day is more fun for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest kid ever that Sammi is!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?