Sunday, June 30, 2013

Flea Market Sunday


It's the last day of Google Reader. Sniff. I hope to see you on the flip side in a new reader. So far "The Old Reader" seems to be working for me. I will cop to being a teensy bit worried that the death of google reader is going to mean further doom for Makin' Projiks. :/

On Friday when I didn't have the kids I went to a Goodwill. Where a BIG fight broke out. With yelling and cursing and I was starting to get a bit nervous about actual violence. And no one seemed to think we need to call the police. Me? I would have called the police within the first five seconds. LOL
A guy was covering up his cart with this quilt. I wanted it. But after the kerfluffle I did NOT want to ask him about it. Right before I was leaving I asked if he was going to buy it and he said no, so I found him a different blanket to cover his cart with him and he let me have it. After looking for these for so many years I think I have four now! I toss them over the couches to keep the couches clean and they stand up to the kids well.

Other stuff:
thought the kids would like playing with this;


my second one of these (neither have a lid);
a ton of these, this only half, no clue what to do with them all but they were a quarter at a yard sale;

this is a tiny real painting, not a print;
1934 book on Indians;
fun!;

Poor Tommy he just REALLY REALLY wants to talk on the telephone but no one will call him :-);
1946 dairy industry book;

sort of really smitten with this witch;


and there are few other things, they deserve their own posts.

I need a GOOD flea market again. It takes a lot of stinky garage sales to round up a small pile of interesting stuff these days.

I am off to organize the photos a little. I bought myself a waterproof camera and it came with free prints- time to sort out the kids pics!

Happy Sunday to you.

5 comments:

  1. Great finds!! I have a quilt very similar to the one you got - bet you're glad you asked that guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that witch, too. And the Google Reader thing worries me, too. But I can read you in Feedly, so it's all good here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny to see that Indian book. We have the same one! Our flea market closes in the summer which is really strange to me. But it is more dealers than anything so I guess they are all out looking to restock.

    Have a great week!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your thrift store finds. You did great. I would love to hear about the fight - sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good finds! I am coveting those French flashcards!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?