Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Quilt rescue 1

Recently I have been working on "rescuing" a few quilts in my rescue pile. I bought this one when Jack was pretty little. I didn't actually want to buy this one, but the guy sold me the whole pile for $20 I think. 
The top was in a lot rougher condition than this photo shows. Removing it left in a big pile of shreds. I had used it over a chair for many years and decided that it was finally time to see what was lying under the newer top.
I could see this purple peeking through all the holes, so I knew it was newer quilt (still old though) on top of old quilt.
Underneath was a green and purple bow tie quilt. It's pretty worn and I think that might be a rust stain (haven't tried to wash it yet).
But totally worth the effort of taking it apart!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. So there was a quilt under a quilt?
    It's lovely by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?