Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A slow junk week


You would never it is high summertime based on the junk this week.

My babysitter had to come on monday so I could see the rheumatologist again and I visited no fewer than 5 thrift stores and one consignment store and I bought ONE thing. Oy. (Rheumatologist verdict - mild palindromic RA. I can live with that. Trying plaquenil first instead of cancer drugs. I can also live with that.)

Then today I had to go to the dermatologist. (On the bright side the mole that is acting weirdly is NOT skin cancer. At least not yet.)  Afterward we hit a church sale. Church sales used to be the bomb diggity for me. They haven't been for years. I have nearly quit going.

We managed to pick up  a few things in between Jackson and Samantha fighting (lord it has been a long week).

More metal frames. I probably have enough for the collage wall.
Small blue scraps.
Some purple scraps. I mentioned this on facebook but if you are hoarding vintage purples and want to sell I am your woman. I have been stalking vintage purples for MONTHS trying to make a quilt and I am not having any luck. I would prefer purple as the background color, but shoot me a pic if you have any?
I NEVER buy vintage flannel because what am I going to do with it? But this vintage flannel scrap is AWESOME. Maybe a bib for ginty.
This one is super duper cool too. Also flannel. I have a fat quarter bundle of a repro cotton that must have been based on this.
I also picked up a set of vintage barbie furniture. I used to have this set. In fact, I might still have my set in the basement. This piece in particular cracks me up. What on earth is it? A telephone tv cabinet thingy?
Some ornaments are the ONLY thing I bought all of last weekend. Ouch.
And this is all I picked up on Monday without the kids - a couple yards of a beautiful vintage brown dot. The hand of this fabric is so beautiful. It emphasizes how crappy most new fabrics are.

Here's hoping this weekend is more fruitful for junking!

2 comments:

  1. You could make wash cloths with the flannel. I made some for a friend's new baby and she told me that she pirated them from the baby to use for herself. ;) So I made her a bunch more from my flannel stash. I cut 12 inch squares and use a print on one side with white or matching color on the other. They are awesome and soft for sensitive skinned children. I have some possibly vintage patterns for girl outfits if you would be interested. I am doing a massive purge and would prefer to pass stuff on to folks I know that will love them. Let me know if you want them I think I still have your address. Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must get out some of my purple fabric ... I have a lot. It won't go anywhere without you seeing it first, promise!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?