Thursday, July 18, 2013

Jack and I go to the art museum


Yesterday I left the babysitter with the littles and took Jack to the art museum.
He truly is just now big enough to be able to go in a place like that. (I had to remind him twice to not touch! He was leaning in for the kill both times.)
He most enjoyed the native american stuff (impressed by all the beadwork) and the arms and weapons (man he recognized a lot of that stuff from those damn video games). He couldn't give a hoot less about the African art (lots of primitive statue things) or the renaissance art (one of my favorites).

It was nice to get out without diapers for a change.
I found the patches on the front steps interesting.
And the dirty hippie in me loved Yoko Ono's wish trees.
We also saw this dead dragonfly which has the most brilliant blue color.
This is set up right in the middle of Forest Park.  It's honest tea on the honest system. Take a bottle, put money in the aquarium thing. It was interesting to see that there. I think it might have been more popular if it was cold. It was 100 degrees yesterday.
We arrived at the museum at 9 am and they didn't open until 10, so we popped in a goodwill to waste a few minutes.
This is a whole roll of department store paper. Will be fun for the kids birthday parties. (Already planning Grant's first which we have discussed a little on facebook.)
Love this old playskool puppy.

2 comments:

  1. He is such the big boy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful fun! I'm glad you got to have such a great time with just Jack.

    I want to let you know how much I love your blog. It is a must read every day. Thank you so much for sharing your life and your vintage finds.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?