Monday, September 23, 2013

Grant's first birthday - the elephant party


Done and dusted. My last first birthday party. It makes me sniff just a little.

Orange and aqua elephant party this time. Picture overload.
(My first time making hats!)



I love this "cake topper" a lot. It took a lot of coats of paint to cover that plastic elephant though.
I did the ever popular on pinterest head with birthday hat buntings. But I just stuck them on the fireplace. The pictures are in order and start with 2 weeks old and move to his 11 month photo monthly.


2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months.
3 months, 4 months, 5 months.
6 months, 7 months, 8 months.
 
9 months, 10 months, 11 months. (I left his funny mohawk.)

I LOVE how his crown turned out.


A beautiful, beautiful elephant from Rebecca. I wanted him to have a special stuffed elephant and she made him one. Thank you so much. Everyone admired him yesterday.
I also love how the wreath turned out. But man it takes FOREVER to do that yarn wrapping business. That's a never again for me.
(More accurate color, but it wasn't hanging right.)
The other plates are empty here to keep Sammi from eating it all. We served animal crackers, circus peanuts, orange cotton candy and popcorn along with cupcakes and ice cream.

Love the favor boxes too. Those wind up elephants are from dollar tree.
And gymboree even had an orange and blue elephant outfit for Grant.
Sammi does not want to look at the camera when we try and do all three kids. Ever.





(Those are mosquito bites, horrible huh? I ALWAYS put spray on him but I forgot on Saturday. Serious bummer.)


The end!

*Almost all of the party supply stuff came from oriental trading. They have a new line of orange and blue striped/dotty stuff. I used oilcloth for the table covers this time so that I can actually reuse the fabric for something rather than just throwing it away. Little blue elephants are from Gymboree, wind up elephants from dollar tree.

14 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday to Grant! Wonderful decorations and fantastic pictures!! Sammi looks so grown up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo cute! Happy Birthday, little Grant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow So cute. I can't believe how big everyone is getting! And Jack?! What the heck, he's like a big kid now. Crazy. Happy Birthday to Grant.. he looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely darling. Love it all!! I think I might need to embarrass Emma when she turns 16 in May and make that birthday hat bunting. Birthday blessings to your sweet one year old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Grant! Wonderful party as always Sarah. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to that sweet baby! Love the bunting. What an awesome way to get to see how much he changed over the year.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out so cute! Every detail is perfect. His crown is just adorable and so is HE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen this popular faces banner...guess I live in a cave! Thanks for sharing it...everything looks so cute! Happy b-day Ginty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Grant!

    I'm nuts over all of those party decorations that you made, and the whole color scheme. Such a beautiful family you have, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great party and loved the theme and colors. I love the birthday banner with his photos. Kate's birthday is coming up...may be a project for her 20th! Love watching your kids grow up..happy belated to the cutie patoootie Grant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Seriously in love with all those baby faces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, Ginty! You did a wonderful job, Sarah. Everything is darling! Did you make the cake topper? I love it and the wreath the best I think. You are very welcome for the crocheted elephant, I'm so glad he has such a sweet baby to love him. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know where to start (or end) but everything you did here is just adorable. Mother of the Year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?