Wednesday, October 23, 2013

On the third day of Halloween

On the third day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:

One toddler who has now decided she will be a "pider!" and Jack will be a scarecrow. This after watching Curious George A Halloween Boo Fest* many many many times. (I was going to make her a cupcake costume this year. I ended up buying an Old Navy one on Ebay. You know why? This girl wears a costume every.single.day and as I suspected she wants to wear the cupcake every day. Except when she wants to be a watermelon or a strawberry or a butterfly or a princess or... you get the idea. Since I bought it I have no emotional investment whatever in what she actually decides to wear on Halloween. I AM learning. LOL)
But more importantly - a magical FREE sofa!

So a few months ago I started getting bored with my house. I was trolling craigslist and saw this sofa. And fell in love. But it was $150. For a used vintage couch. Yea. I debated it. I emailed with them. I decided no way was I paying that. I let the email sit in my inbox for a long time because I *did* love it.
There was no way I could swing that though. They dropped the price to $125. Still way more cash than I have for that.

Two nights ago the phone rings. My girlfriend says GO TO YOUR FACEBOOK NOW! in my messages was a link to the sofa again.

IN THE FREE SECTION!

They had given up and donated it to a resale shop who decided for whatever reason they couldn't sell it either.

I called the minute they opened and told her my husband would come get it, could they PLEASE put my name on it or something?

Nope, good luck to you.

BLARGH.

Dave showed up to get it about 3 minutes before the rain started yesterday.

And now it's all mine! Bwhahaha.

It's comfy. It's fancy. Which is not really the "funky it up" thing I was going for around here, but I still love it. It needs to be steam cleaned because they washed the cushion covers making them a shade lighter than the rest of the couch.

And I have to figure out how to keep my children from completely shitting it up.

(But I guess even if they do it was free, right?)

THANK YOU GREAT PUMPKIN!

*Sammi is not really a George fan like Jack was, and I don't get any $ from that link, but all my kids (Jack included) love this movie. Bonus points for not driving me crazy. It is cute. The spider costume? Was Jacks when he was a baby. AWwwwww.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet spider girl! Maybe you could spray some of that scotch guard stuff on the sofa.
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good score on the couch! Love Sammi in the spider costume..like a costume parade with her huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well the couch is all kinds of awesome so glad you got it for free in the end too, that makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the couch! What a great find! (And double awwww on the spider costume.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So does that mean no more Ikea couch?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?