Friday, November 01, 2013

Halloween, the end.


Oh Halloween. You had so much promise this year. Aunt Kristin and Uncle TJ came from Arizona just for the occassion! And then you rained all.damn.day.

No pumpkin patch. Pumpkin carving inside the house. Very few trick or treaters. My own kids cold and wet. No outside photos so they are all blurry. And just BAH. Really?



We carved 17! pumpkins.
And Sammi ended up in the peacock costume. Totally cool with me. I paid a lot more for that one than the others because she BEGGED for it while I was in gymboree buying something else.


Jack did Pikachu.
Grant was a very non cooperative octopus.
(I think I am going to have to haul him to JCPenny to try and get a decent photo. I can't not have a decent photo of his FIRST halloween costume for goodness sake.)
I carved a star pumpkin.

So, there you have it. All the work, all the hype and this year was not so great.

There is always next year Great Pumpkin...

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I can totally relate to this post. It rained for us too, costumes were still being put together 5 minutes before they walked out the door(and yes, James still took them in the rain, they begged). The whole thing was a total rush and I feel like I didn't enjoy it all. We had way too much going on this Fall that it all went by too fast. And my new camera sucks, so I took pics with my phone, which sucks too! UGH! Christmas will be better, that is what I keep telling myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK- Jack and Grant are very cute in their costumes...but dang, Sammi is soooo freaking cute in that peacock costume! And don't think that I didn't zoom in and look at her purple "bedazzled" sneakers at the pumpkin patch the other day, because yes, I totally did! OK, I want Sammi! I'll just say it!
    LOL Erica :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 PUMPKINS?!! We could barely get through 2.

    It rained here on Halloween too. I know we live in Oregon but it seriously never rains on Halloween so it definitely put a damper (ha ha, stupid pun intended) on our festivities.

    Have a great weekend!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?