Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A little bit thrifty


They are promising snow again, so Grant and I hit up the thrift this morning trying desperately to find some vintage Christmas.

We had a little success.

But first:
I did get out an elf. A vintage one, but whatever. He has been out for three days, moving around the house and the number one child has not noticed.

Ahem.

Onto the thrifting:
My pictures are spectacularly bad today. I think I was drunk. No, I wish I was drunk. They are just bad.  A few ornaments.
A very fragile plastic deer.
An awesome little silver tree that needs me to replace a few of the glass beads.
A REALLY hideous house that needs a makeover. I think I might make it into a valentine house because I have a ton of Christmas houses. (Why is it brown?) And an old candle. I think it is also needs a makeover. Love the candle, hate the plastic foliage.

My children are eating 4000 lbs of fruit snacks and pooping for the 15th time today and we are due at the preschool Christmas program in 2 hours. I better get on it.

P.S. I keep filling the etsy shop slowly. It's sort of rewarding. I need a minute to look at this, but I wonder if I can sell all these craft books I never use there?

5 comments:

  1. Yep you can sell your destash stuff under the craft supply section. I probably wouldn't buy books from the US (postage) but I love browsing through cheao destash stuff on etsy to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica (Golden Egg Vintage) is thinking of hosting a Valentine Putz house exchange...just an FYI. Love that vintage candle light and that mini silver tree. Totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! The reason that its brown is cause its part of a set. Its a woodsie cabin looking set. Alone it is kind of boring, but they are cute together. If you are interested in swapping or selling let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait! The reason that its brown is cause its part of a set. Its a woodsie cabin looking set. Alone it is kind of boring, but they are cute together. If you are interested in swapping or selling let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My computer has been acting funny lately. I know I typed out a comment the other day....I'll be typing and in mid-sentence everything disappears! I got frustrated and baled on you. Hopefully Jack will notice...he will eventually! Love that big candle and you idea to decorate the house. Hope you get to it...I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?