Sunday, January 12, 2014

A purple birthday party on the fly

Since I decided around midnight on Wednesday to have a party for Sammi on the fly I needed a super easy theme. I had been toying with a rainbow party this year, but that required internet shopping and I was out of time, so purple it is. Sam loves her some purple.

The kids and I went out in the new snow on Thursday and Jack and I threw every purple thing we could find in the cart at Walmart and the party store.

 I had thrifted a purple tree a few weeks ago so I threw some birthday horns and hats on it. If I had more time I would have put a bunch of chipboard numbers 1-3 on it.
 No centerpiece and no time for flowers? Presents it is then.
 This is a premade bunting kit from the party store. You just stick stickers on the flags. Easy? Yes please!

 I trotted out the old tulle + lights on the mantle. Must get white wire white lights, mine are lost.

 Walmart had purple icing. Thank you walmart. Throw a whole jar of sprinkles on that lopsided thing and call it good.


And a piece of fabric from the fabric hoard becomes the worlds quickest table cover.
 Glittery cardstock becomes a quick party hat.





Happy Birthday Sammi girl!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! It looks like she had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the purple theme is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purple theme turned out wonderful. How can she be three already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks fabulous, without months of stressing! Love it!! Three, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so wonderful, I love the color theme you chose. And I love all those Valentine candy boxes you have on the mantle!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?