Sunday, January 26, 2014

Flea Market Sundays

Right now I am having a REALLY good week if Jack goes to school two days a week.

It was sunny and 65 today. Tomorrow it will be -2. Wanna bet there is no school AGAIN?

When I realized it was warm this morning I dressed all the kids and loaded them into the car. Flea Market here I come. There may be less than 10 vendors right now, but that doesn't matter to me!

I am pretty sure I broke into a small run when I spotted BOLTS of vintage fabric at one of my favorite vendor's stalls. He knows I am into fabric and quilts and they tried to call me this morning to tell me they finally had some, but they lost my number. Good thing I showed up anyway, eh?
About a yard of these sweet tea cups.

Several yards of the birdies. (I thrifted a small piece of this years ago, maybe in another colorway?)
Many, many, many gazillion yards of BIG purple and white dots for the purple princess.
And then this. I died from cute, right? A couple yards.
Vintage fisher price.
I found a HUGE roll of this unused vintage carnation milk wrapper container paper. Love it. So fun. I am not sure what to do with it though?  It's foil.
For now I only bought a couple of yards of it.
And some vintage seersucker cowboys.  I am already thinking about Grant growing up a little and picking up some boyish fabrics for him. :-)

Dave is going out of town this week, its supposed to snow for 4 days on top of this ridiculous cold and I think we all should start praying that I am able to find some serenity right now. LOL

4 comments:

  1. I am drooling over the fabric. nothing like that ever seems to come up around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with all that fabulous fabric. Best wishes with the weather and being a single parent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You can find vintage fabric on the bolt? That's pretty special! I'm expecting at least a two hour delay on Monday. I think the straight temperature in the morning is suppose to be -17° with lots of wind. Do you have someone to shovel for you if it snow's when Dave is gone? Mark takes a long trip in February every year. It seems I never escape doing it at least once. Now that Jake is off to college, we bought a snow blower...thanks heavens! I hope the time with the kids goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am addicted to the flea market. Both of the ones I like to go to are inside but in super old non insulated buildings with no heat. For the last few weeks, it has been below 30 on flea market mornings. Oh well, that is what layering is for!

    LOVING that cowboy fabric. Cannot wait to see what you do with it.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?