Monday, February 17, 2014

Necessity is the mother of crappy crafting?

I took down the Valentines this morning and asked the kids what we should put up next.  I was greeted with cheers for the leprechauns, so up they went. I haven't put that stuff out in at least five years I think and I discovered my wreath is long gone.

It iced this morning pretty heavily (with thunder and lightening) so I had to just dig around here and find something to smack on the front door.

I stood on top of the ice and spray painted an old white wreath green, cut apart a glitter garland for the shamrocks...
glued it all on the wreath with some bright yellow plaid ribbon and called it good. (Sam insisted upon some rainbows. LOL)

It certainly will not win me any pinterest awards, but the kids enjoy this holiday stuff, so, it is what it is.  (Not to mention that I am in the midst of working really hard to not spend money on anything extraneous.)
My foyer tree looks so bare. I only had a few things from when we had a St Pats party when Jack was young to stick on it needs some gold.
I have a ton of these thrifted gold pipe cleaners but I cannot sort out what to make with them to hang on the tree? Ideas?

5 comments:

  1. I'm terrible at pipe cleaner crafting, but cheers to you for doing that much! I love your wreath.
    The only thing that comes to mind for St. Patrick's day is shamrocks and leprechauns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible at pipe cleaner crafting, but cheers to you for doing that much! I love your wreath.
    The only thing that comes to mind for St. Patrick's day is shamrocks and leprechauns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gold coins (uh, circles)? Yeah, that's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gold shamrocks? http://catholicicing.com/how-to-make-an-easy-shamrock-from-pipe-cleaners/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have enough to make chains?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?