Friday, March 07, 2014

Waiting

So, I guess I have been gone from here for a week huh?  I've been kept hopping with my get out of debt plan by continuing to sell a bunch of crap lying around here. I guess it hasn't left any time for anything else.
 
The kids and I left the house yesterday for the first time in forever.
 
A quilt was waiting for me. I love when they wait for me.
 
 This one had never been washed and still had all the original pencil lines from her quilting on it.
 Oh, hi silly Ginty.
 Cutie.
 Isn't it AMAZING?
 Getting those pencil lines out is hard. You have to sit there and rub every single line with rubbing alcohol. I did a lot of it.
 And then I ran out of rubbing alcohol.

 You can't tell but her lines are quilted in pink thread!
 This thing is still making  me swoony.
 Weak in the knees.
The hole in my roof? Weak in the knees in a bad way.

That's what we are up to this weekend.

Well, that and arguing with the satellite company who insists I pay $70 more a month than what they want new customers to pay. Nope. Nope. Nope. See ya! ~~~

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favorite quilt patterns...and yet I've never made one! Lovely! Kudos to you for the work you put into it. I cringe seeing those pencils marks. I've been quilting for 25 years and didn't know about using rubbing alcohol! Of course when I make my own I use a very light touch!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?