Sunday, April 06, 2014

Flea Market Sundays


Oh Dear.  This has not been a good few weeks around here. Our roof is just one problem after another. As in we have repaired it and repaired it and repaired it. Our basement was full of water this week. Samantha puked all over me downtown and I had to drive home - 35 minutes in the pouring rain - in only my bra. Just one constant problem after another really.

It's getting to us all. Everything is a mess, construction stuff is everywhere, the house is a complete disaster because Dave hasn't been able to help with the kids much because he is always working on the house. I haven't had ANY TIME to myself at all.

And my in laws are arriving in 5 days with sick kids and messes everywhere.

Donations of  Xanax now being accepted. LOLOL

I went to the flea this morning to recharge a bit. Have breakfast, have a wander, talk to my favorite old folks at the flea. It helped.

I bought a few things too.
A jadeite bowl. Maybe it's old,  maybe it's new, I don't know. But it's pretty and we have broken more than one mixing bowl this winter.
A big stack of red, white and blue quilt blocks. I am totally digging quilt tops as curtains right now, so when all this drama passes I will sew them together into a quilt and use them as another curtain.
An odd yellow block.
I love this mirror so much. Never mind the mess on our bed.
I thought I could replace the bathroom IKEA mirror and use this instead, but the top looks weird with the light fixture above my sink, so beside the bed it immediately went.
It is fussy and gold and gorgeous.
A little farm and noah's ark set in a bag for $2. The animals are about the size of a nickel. I have hidden it from my children. Ha.

And that's life over here this week. I MUST get the Easter decorations out, start sewing some Easter bunnies and do something other than manage disasters this week. Surely things will slow down a little, right?

Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. What say you?