Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Flea Market...Tuesday? Eh, so be it.

I am even too late for Monday this week, so Flea Market Tuesday it is!

After not buying a single mirror for a REALLY long time this is my third in three weeks. Already hanging in the foyer.
I sleep under a vintage quilt in the summer. The one I have been sleeping under is shredding and every other day I am patching it back together.  Since that gig is getting old I thought I might try sleeping with this one.
It's super soft, but the applique is totally wrecked. It must have been amazing when she made it though. (Which is why I won't feel bad about using it daily.)  I am SUPER, SUPER picky about my sleeping blankets, so we shall see if it works out or not.
A really lightweight chenille blanket. On the fence about keeping this one, it might be shop bound.
GORGEOUS vintage fabric. There are two yards of that brown and white daisy.
Hmmm, wasn't I just saying I had so many vintage quilt pieces I had no clue what I was going to do with them all?  And yet, I bought more.
Listen, when the universe sends me the stuff I buy it. For about two years it was tablecloths. More than I could ever buy. And now I never, ever see them anymore.  I am sure this quilt piece thing will be a distant memory in a few years. But until then? I WILL BUY THEM ALL! Bwhahaha.
This was the only completed block in the bag, I am not sure what pattern they are for? Never mind, gorgeous anyway.

Off to work on a rain jacket for Sammi if I can squeeze in a free minute today!

2 comments:

  1. You always find the best stuff, and those quilt pieces are killing me. If you decide to put them in your shop, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt! I purchased another vintage one at an estate sale a while back and am just waiting for the weather to cooperate so that I can wash it. I hope it works out for you!

    I agree with you about the universe sending you things to buy. It is still tablecloths for me. 8 last weekend alone. Why can't it be gold bricks?

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?