Sunday, May 18, 2014

Flea Market Sunday

 So I have been carrying around the same $40 in my pocket for more than two weeks with NOTHING to spend on it. I have been to many flea markets, thrift stores, blah blah.  It doesn't look promising since this coming weekend is the official start of summer!

I have managed to scrounge up a few things. A wall lamp for Sammi. Lately she MUST fall asleep with her light on. This looks like glass but is all plastic, even the shade.
 A printed tablecloth with a fun cross stitch design. (And a keeper for me!)
 This one is so pretty but when I got home I realized it is only HALF a tablecloth. Argh. Might be shop bound then.
 This morning I FINALLY stumbled on a few things. A quilt top. Fabrics are all solid, but I am still in love with these as curtains.

 A goodwill lamp for Sammi's room. We are about to get rid of her changing table since she is only in diapers at night now (WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!).
 A tin phone that I paid too much for but it's old cowboy charm won me over.
And this. I love this. I am painting it's ugly frame right now.

Tomorrow I will have Jack draw a name for the etsy contest, still time to throw in your name!

Happy Sunday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love the cross stitch looking tablecloth and the wall lamp and lets not forget the cowboy phone. I have been collecting some vintage cowboy toy items, I don't know what I will do with them but love the graphics and can just see little boys running around pretending to be cowboys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That phone is amazing! I would have had a hard time leaving it behind too.

    Woo hoo to no changing table!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. I love the embroidered table cloth and sampler. I've been wanting to get back into stitching and love the running deer motif and all the cute laundry items.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?