Thursday, May 22, 2014

Getting to know Bernadette

 I decided that I needed a super easy quilt as my first quilt on the new Bernina.  You know the routine - plenty of time to practice threading and rethreading, winding bobbins, etc. When I cleaned out my fabric before my in laws came I found a layer cake I bought a few years ago, so I sliced it up and made this.

Unlike how I usually make a quilt I did this with pretty much ZERO planning. No planned block layout, no square layout planning, etc.

It turned out okay for just being a wing it quilt. My OCD self wants to be annoyed with the red block placement. But whatever, it served the purpose.
 Of course I still need to baste it and quilt it.
 I bought this fabric on Ebay this week and it has me STUMPED.  It was billed as "vintage". It's cute, but vintage? I don't know honestly. I cannot seem to imagine what era this is from. Maybe it's not an American fabric and that's what is throwing me off? Surely a guru out there has some thoughts on it.
Since I am avoiding basting the other quilt I started a coin quilt last night.

I am making a concerted effort to sew every single day again, whether I have a plan or not.

Tomorrow is the 100 mile yard sale and Dave and I are off without the children. I CANNOT WAIT FOR A MOMENT OF QUIET. Sam is adorable and all but right now she cannot shut her lips for even 12 seconds. Ever. LOL

And it's memorial day weekend already! Welcome summer. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Have tons of fun on your rummage date tomorrow!!! And belated happy birthday to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to let you know my package arrived safe and sound yesterday, thanks so much!

    No plan sewing can be fun, but I'm loving that little row of yellow coins. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?